- Which technology or technologies can be used to learn about the earth?
- What are the 3 technological levels of development?
- What caused the inner planets and outer planets to have different composition?
- What scientific and technological developments that led to the discovery and understanding of the solar system?
- What characteristics do all outer planets share?
- How far is the asteroid belt from Mars?
Which technology or technologies can be used to learn about the earth?
NASA uses cutting-edge technology from satellite sensors and airborne instruments to super computers and visualization methods to better understand our home planet and help improve lives. We’re developing the next generation of emerging technologies to be able to answer questions about our changing world.
What are the 3 technological levels of development?
Technology readiness levels
- Level 1: Basic principles of concept are observed and reported.
- Level 2: Technology concept and/or application formulated.
- Level 3: Analytical and experimental critical function and/or proof of concept.
- Level 4: Component and/or validation in a laboratory environment.
What caused the inner planets and outer planets to have different composition?
The outer planets are much larger than the inner planets. Because of their large mass and cooler temperature, they have a very different composition; they are mostly made of light elements with extended atmospheres in a gaseous form. Outer planets exist in much bigger systems than inner planets.
What scientific and technological developments that led to the discovery and understanding of the solar system?
In 1781, William Herschel was looking for binary stars in the constellation of Taurus when he observed what he thought was a new comet. Its orbit revealed that it was a new planet, Uranus, the first ever discovered. Giuseppe Piazzi discovered Ceres in 1801, a small world between Mars and Jupiter.
What characteristics do all outer planets share?
The four outer planets are all gas giants made primarily of hydrogen and helium. They have thick gaseous outer layers and liquid interiors. The outer planets have numerous moons, as well as planetary rings.
How far is the asteroid belt from Mars?
The Main Belt lies between Mars and Jupiter, roughly two to four times the Earth-sun distance, and spans a region about 140 million miles across. Objects in the belt are divided into eight subgroups named after the main asteroids in each group.৫ মে, ২০১৭