What is the largest socket size?
Metric Socket Sizes Chart
|1/4” Drive||3/8” Drive||1” Drive|
What’s the next size down from 7 16?
Wrench Size Chart for Bolts
|Bolt Diameter||Wrench Size (Standard)||Wrench Size (Metric)|
What does teeth mean in a ratchet?
: a gear tooth one side of which is radial and the other inclined so that a pawl will catch on the former and slide over the latter.
What is a good quality ratchet?
Our Top Picks
- Top Pick. DEWALT 3/8-Inch Quick-Release Ratchet. Photo: amazon.com.
- Best Value. ARES 3/8-Inch Drive 90-Tooth Ratchet. Photo: amazon.com.
- Most Versatile. Neiko 3/8-Inch Drive Extendable Ratchet.
- Heavy-Duty Pick. ARES 1/2-Inch Drive 90-Tooth Ratchet.
- Honorable Mention. ACDelco 12V 3/8-Inch Cordless Ratchet.
What’s the best ratchet size?
- 1/4 inch – Used for smaller sockets and precision work.
- 3/8 inch – The middle sized, and in my opinion, most useful size for general use on a car.
- 1/2 inch – 1/2″ sockets are generally used for nuts and bolts from around 10mm and up.
What size ratchet should I buy?
The rule of thumb is that the drive size of the ratchet and sockets should approximate the diameter of the bolt or nut you want to turn. Thus, when you’re working with fasteners that are more or less 1/4″ or 6mm, use the 1/4″ drive. If you’re working with hardware that’s roughly 3/8″ or 10mm, use the 3/8″ set.